Kataoka & Kinoh Lab
Ph.D. Neuroscience, Imperial College London, U.K.
Research contents (Research key words)
Nanomaterials, Drug Delivery, Blood-Brain Barrier, Brain Inflammation, Neurodegeneration
- 2017-Present: Post-doctoral researcher, Innovation Center of NanoMedicine (iCONM), Japan
- 2013-2017: Post-doctoral researcher, Department of Materials, Imperial College London, U.K.
- 2008-2013: Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Division of Brain Sciences, Imperial College London, U.K.
- 2007-2008: Visiting researcher, National Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Mexico
- 2006-2007: M. Sc. in Pharmacology, King’s College London, U.K.
- 2003-2006: B. Sc. in Biochemistry, The University of Nottingham, U.K.
- Theodorou, P. Ruenraroengsak, D. Gonzalez-Carter, E. Aboagye, et al. Towards multiplexed near-infrared cellular imaging using gold nanostar arrays with tunable fluorescence enhancement. Nanoscale, Jannuary, 2019
- D. Gonzalez-Carter, Z. Ong, C. McGilvery, I. Dunlop, D. Dexter, A. Porter. L-DOPA functionalized, multi-branched gold nanoparticles as brain-targeted nano-vehicles. Nanomedicine NBM, 15 (1): 1-11 doi:10.1016/j.nano.2018.08.011, 2019
- Gonzalez-Carter DA, Leo BF, Ruenraroengsak P, Chen S, Goode AE, Theodorou IG, Chung KF, Carzaniga R, Shaffer MS, Dexter DT, Ryan MP, Porter AE. Silver nanoparticles reduce brain inflammation and related neurotoxicity through induction of H2S-synthesizing enzymes. Nature Scientific Reports, 2017, 7: 42871.
- Gonzalez-Carter DA, Goode AE, Fiammengo R, Dunlop IE, Dexter DT, Porter AE. Inhibition of leptin-ObR interaction does not prevent leptin translocation across a human blood-brain barrier model. Journal of Neuroendocrinology, 2016, 28 (6).
- Duricki DA, Hutson TH, Kathe C, Soleman S, Gonzalez-Carter DA, Petruska JC, Shine HD, Chen Q, Wood TC, Bernanos M, Cash D, Williams SC, Gage FH, Moon LD. Delayed intramuscular human neurotrophin-3 improves recovery in adult and elderly. Brain, 2016. 139 (Pt 1): 259-75
- Goode AE, Gonzalez-Carter DA, Motskin M, Pienaar IS, Chen S, Hu S, Ruenraroengsak P, Ryan MP, Shaffer MS, Dexter DT, Porter AE. High resolution and dynamic imaging of biopersistence and bioreactivity of etra and intracellular MWNTs exposed to microglial cells. Biomaterials, 2015. 70:57-70.